On Saturdays when N. is away and D. is working I have plans to get lots done…instead what usually happens is I get all overwhelmed with everything and I end up sitting on the couch with my Kindle or spending too much time reading blogs. So this Saturday I’m trying a new strategy, I’m making a list of 5 things–I figure 5 is doable as long as one of them is not paint the living room or something crazy like that. Tomorrows list goes like this then:
- Gym – 30 minutes of cross training. This is what my 1/2 marathon schedule tells me I have to do and I never argue with the schedule.
- Mop kitchen and living room floors; maybe I’ll throw in the bathroom for good measure.
- JoAnn for elastic and hem tape
- Put elastic in T’s shorts (2) and N’s shorts (2)
- Cut out two bags for Etsy
See I also wanted to make some seitan and maybe some roasted chickpeas and I do have a ton of laundry to do, oh and I need to run to Whole Foods…hmm maybe this list thing isn’t working out so well after all. Okay, just for tomorrow I’ll stick to my 5 items and feel like I accomplished something. And then if I squeeze in a few more tasks I’ll really be rollin’ (and considering where my weight has been going that’s not too far off base).
In the meantime here’s a little shot of the Russian River, viewed from the bottom of a very uncomfortable metal canoe…